This month’s adult spotlight is Eileen Javora Boeger! Eileen is a former on-air meteorologist and lives in El Dorado County with her husband Justin Boeger, of Boeger Winery, and their two young daughters. Eileen is part of our Placerville Steering Committee, and has served as the emcee of the Hands4Hope Benefit Dinner for a number of years. Get to know more about her below!
1. How long have you been involved with Hands4Hope?
I've been involved with Hands4Hope for about 5 years.
2. Why did you get involved with Hands4Hope?
I was inspired by the enthusiasm of Hands4Hope’s Executive Director, Jennifer, and the passion she has to better our world; it is contagious! I believe students stepping up and serving their community while learning leadership skills, is a win for all!
3. What events do you usually volunteer with? Which do you enjoy the most?
I started by emceeing the annual gala and it was amazing to see the community support for this organization. I have been part of the Placerville steering committee for a year solidifying Hands4Hope in the area I live. I am very excited about the organization's growth!
4. What is your impression/experience with Hands4Hope youth?
I have seen firsthand the wonderful things kids can do when they are the leaders organizing projects serving those in need around them. I hope our girls become involved with Hands for Hope when they are older, learning valuable leadership skills, how to work as a team, and compassion.
5. Overall, what has your experience been like since being involved with Hands4Hope? Everyone I have worked with at Hands4Hope is outstanding and so professional. Everyone is on board with the mission to help others. To see students shine and thrive in helping others is the best. I am so glad I am involved!