Hands4Hope has selected Stacey Carter as this month’s Adult Volunteer Spotlight!
Stacey has been involved with Hands4Hope for multiple years, and helped with many projects, including being this year’s adult Operations & Finance lead for the Fall Festival!
Keep reading to get to know more about Stacey!
1. How long have you been participating with Hands4Hope? I have been involved for about three years; I started when my oldest daughter joined the Marina Hands4Hope club.
2. Why did you join Hands4Hope? I started participating because my daughter really enjoyed the school club and we wanted to start doing more community service as a family. My first real volunteer experience was with the 2018 Fall Festival, and I am this year’s Adult Lead.
3. Tell us about the outreaches and projects you’ve been involved in with Hands4Hope:
Since I work full time and have three kids, my time is limited, but this year and last year I've focused on the Hands4Hope Fall Festival. We’ve also participated in the Winter Boutique, Blanket Making, working the Ice Skating rink, and the July 3rd Kid Zone event.
4. What is your impression/experience with Hands4Hope youth?
The youth have been great. When my daughter [Samantha] was in middle school, it was really nice to have her work with the high school Hands4Hope youth volunteers. They did a great job mentoring her. Also, the youth that helped organize and lead the events that I’ve worked on have done a wonderful job staying organized and committed to running successful events. Hands4Hope is a great opportunity for the youth to get real-life work experience and volunteer.
5. Overall, what has your experience been like since joining?
Overall my experience with Hands4Hope has been awesome. I’ve enjoyed getting to volunteer with my family and work with some really talented kids.