1. How long have you each been participating with Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference?
We have been participating since November 2018.
2. Why did you join Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference?
We joined because we want to give back to the community and help people in need.
3. Which outreaches do you usually volunteer with? Which do you enjoy the most?
We volunteer at the Winter Boutique and at the Mercy Housing for seniors food delivery. We love and enjoy both - the Winter Boutique is a holiday season volunteering opportunity and the Mercy Housing for seniors meal prep and delivery is ongoing, year-round volunteering. We enjoy both a lot!
4. What is your impression/experience with Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference youth participants?
I am very impressed with the youth, they are so responsible, kind and willing to help. This gives me a great hope that we are raising a great next generation that cares about other individuals and the community. I enjoy seeing them grow their leadership skills and develop other skills that will be great for them in their adult lives.
5. Overall, what has your experience been like since becoming involved with Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference?
Our experience has been wonderful and we would love to volunteer more. The staff is super great, kind, and well organized and they make it so easy for us to participate.
6. How has Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference helped your child in school, with friends and family, and in life?
Hands4Hope has helped Jasmine in boosting her confidence, developing her initiation and leadership skills, and organization skills. She invited a friend to participate with us and they have been volunteering together. I think it can potentially create better friendships at school with like-minded youth.
7. Is there anything else that you would like to add about your experiences with Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference?
Since I moved to the US from Israel, 12 years ago, I was looking for many years for a way to volunteer and when I came across Hands4Hope I fell in love with the organization! They make it so easy for us to volunteer, after a simple and quick registration, there are many options to volunteer in different events. They also support local business, and during the pandemic, they helped my business by adding it to their newsletter. Thank you so much for making it possible for us to be a part of the organization!
1. Why do you volunteer with Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference?
I volunteer at Hands4Hope because I like to help people and give back to the community.
2. Which school do you attend and which grade are you in?
I go to Oak Ridge High School and I’m in 10th grade.
3. What do you like best about volunteering with Hands4Hope - Youth Making A Difference and how long have you volunteered with us?
What I like best about volunteering with Hands4Hope is meeting new people and being a part of helping. I have volunteered with Hands4Hope for two years.
4. Please share your favorite memory/experience, so far, with Hands4Hope.
My favorite experience with Hands4Hope has been the Winter Boutique because we had a lot of hands-on time and everyone was super nice!