1. What is your school and grade? Also, how long have you been involved with Hands4Hope?
I’m going into my Junior year at Jesuit High School. I’ve been with Hands4Hope for a full year now.
2. Why did you join Hands4Hope?
I was introduced to volunteering through my required service hours at school. It was a very enjoyable experience helping people out in the Sacramento area but I wanted to do the same closer to where I live.
3. How has Hands4Hope helped you in school, with your friends and family, and in life?
Hands4Hope has helped me in many ways. While being a member of a committee, you learn how to make a bigger workload fit into your life. Hands4Hope has also introduced me to many great people that I'm very happy to know. Talking about my committee tasks with my family has gotten them to think about how they can help. It has helped me become bolder, Asking strangers for assistance in our committees was intimidating at first, but the more you do it the easier it becomes.
4. What has your experience been like since joining?
I joined during the School Supply Drive, which was a very fulfilling committee. It was a great feeling to know that kids in our area would get the support that they wouldn’t have had. That feeling really pushed me to keep going and sign up for more committees. And each committee after has brought a similar feeling.
5. Is there anything else that you would like to add about your experiences with Hands4Hope?
I would like to say that not every single part of Hands4Hope is going to be super fun, for example calling businesses and sending emails. But in the end, once you see the fruit of your labor in the happiness that you brought to others you’ll see it as time well spent.